One Year Visa extension

Non Immigrant Visa Thailand
Non Immigrant Visa Thailand

If the Thai Embassy in your country does not issue a One Year Visa For Thailand, you can still apply for a one year visa extension of your old style Non Immigrant Visa (O-M), if you meet the requirements.

Retirees: If you are at least 50 years old and receive a pension of at least 65,000 Baht per month or, if your pension is lower, you must have at least 800,000 Baht on a Thai Bank Account. The money must be on that account for at least 3 month at the time of application.

Some Immigration Offices may also allow a mix of the two options, so maybe 40,000 pension and 400,000 Baht on a bank account.

You may extend your Non Immigrant Visa every year for another year but you also have to meet the requirements every year again.

Married with a Thai

Married with a Thai: If you are married with a Thai, you can apply for the 1 year extension if you have at least 400,000 Baht on a Thai Bank Account or an regular income of at least 40,000 Baht or a mix of the two options.

Owners of a Company: If you are the owner of a Thai based company and your monthly income is at least 50,000 Baht, you can apply for the one year extension. You have to prove that the company is actually making enough money to pay the wages for you and also the Thai employees. So “sleeping companies” don’t work anymore.You may also have to prove, like in the application for the work permit, that only you and not a Thai can do this job.

Dependences: If you are a direct relative of an owner of a “One Year Extension” , you may also apply for the extension and you don’t need to have a particular income or time deposit. This is called a “Dependence Visa

The Re Entry Permit

Important Note: If you live in Thailand on a one year extension and you want to leave the country you must obtain a Re Entry Permit with multiple entry, otherwise your One Year Extension ins invalid and when you reenter Thailand the Immigration Officer will give you only a 30 day allowance in your passport.

Please also be aware that you have to report to the nearest Immigration Office every 90 days if you stay longer than 90 days. Read the Page of the Immigration for more details!