Pattaya does not have an airport itself. But there is the Rayong Pattaya U-Tapao international Airport, which is actually a military airport and is often called “Pattaya Airport”.
It is located about 30 kilometres south of Pattaya and you can go from there in about 45 minutes by minibus or taxi to Pattaya. Since 2019 more and more airlines offer flights to the Pattaya Airport with direct flights to Chiang Mai, Hat Yai, Phuket and Koh Samui.
Before the country shut down due to Corona, Qatar Airways offered flights to the Pattaya Airport, connecting the city to the rest of the world via Doha.
Here are the latest news about new flights to the Pattaya Airport before the Corona Shut Down:
- Bangkok Airways has daily flights between Utapao and Koh Samui (2), Phuket (1) and Trat (1).
- Air Asia flies from U-Tapao to and from Chiang Mai, Udon Thani, Phuket and Hat Yai.
- There are also at least three international connections to Nanchang (Air Asia) Macao (Air Asia) and Sanya (Hainan Airways).
- Since October 2017, Nok Air flies from Pattaya to six different cities in China.
- Since January 28th, 2018, Qatar Airways now flies to Pattaya Airport from Doha
In 2020 however, most of this flights were cancelled due to the Corona Crisis.
There are also no flights between Bangkok Airport and Pattaya Airport. If your flight ends up in Bangkok you will have to use the Bangkok Airport Pattaya Bus to travel to Pattaya.